Video marketing has become one of the most popular tactics employed by marketers today.
With higher ROI and engagement from consumers than ever seen before, it’s easy to see why more companies are adding video to enhance audience experience through digital marketing.
Internet users spend large amounts of time online watching videos. And video is one of the most shared forms of media.
If you’re not taking advantage of the power of video in your marketing strategy, you’re missing out.
Still not convinced of the positive impact that videos can have on your marketing reach? We’ve conducted some serious research and compiled our top-favorite, 15 shareable stats on the power of video marketing.
Drumroll, please…here are our 15 favorite statistics on the power of video marketing:
1) Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (Wirebuzz)
2) Including video on landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%. (Unbounce)
3) Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined. (Wordstream)
4) Nearly 50% of internet users look for product/service videos before visiting a store. (Google)
5) 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read. (Wordstream)
6) 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day. (HubSpot)
7) YouTube is the second most visited site, after Google. (Alexa)
8) Users view more than 500 million hours of video each day on YouTube. (Business Insider)
9) Almost one-third of total internet users, (over one billion people), are on YouTube. (YouTube)
10) 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week. (HubSpot)
11) 80% of users can recall a video ad that they viewed in the last 30 days. (Single Grain)
12) “Video” in an email subject line increases open rates by 19% & clickthrough rates by 65%. (HubSpot)
13) Video ads have an average clickthrough rate of 1.84%, the highest of all digital ad formats. (Business Insider)
14) On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without. (Insivia)
15) Before reading any text, 60% of site visitors will watch a video if one is available. (Single Grain)
Ready to add video and motion graphics to your marketing strategy?
At Harp, our team of creative professionals will animate your brand message (literally!) through powerful video leading to increased ROI, conversions, and overall brand visibility.